Friday, April 11, 2008

"Never push the little, red button."

Well I'm not sure what I had in mind in terms of a posting schedule when I started this, but I'm pretty sure I've already broken it. Been spending most of my free time lately playing Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii, trying to unlock characters and stages by playing through the single player SSE mode. It's kind of interesting what they were trying to do and I can appreciate it, but I don't think the game works very well as a side scrolling platformer. It's just kind of ... tedious. Of course, it's still a more interesting way of unlocking extras than "Complete 450 Vs. matches."

But that's enough of my excuses, Now I want to give a quick introduction of what I think I'll be posting in the future: short reviews of anime, video games, or whatever else happens to catch my interest at the time. Yes I do watch a fair amount of anime, both Region 1 DVDs and fansubs, and from time to time I will post short little impressions of a series I've seen (good or bad) or, if I'm feeling especially bold, a longer, more in-depth review. Having said that I'm not here to critique anime as art or to give numeric scores to shows. I'm not sophisticated or cultured enough for that. I will do a quick rundown of the setup, and then talk about what I did or didn't like about the show while trying to avoid spoilers. However, sometimes a particular gripe of mine is attachced to a specific event in the plot and I will bring up the context for that gripe. Should only happen in the longer review posts though and I'll try to place spoiler warnings at the head so you know what you're getting into. Don't have much else right now, but expect the first, quick review to go up in the next few days.

Thanks for stopping by.

-ZK

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP