Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Reader Poll: Endings

Hey all. It's been awhile since my last post and I've had several things that I've felt that I should write about, but somehow none of them got further than that. So instead of a review of some sort, I thought I'd solicit the opinions of all 5 people who read this blog. Or that at least I'd try to.

So I wanted to ask you about story endings. In a general sense, which kind of endings do you like best: happy endings, bad endings, or the bittersweet/tragic endings? For the sake of this discussion, I'm going to set the following definitions. Happy endings involve the hero or protagonist successfully overcoming his trial/conflict/obstacle and living happily ever after. Bad endings are the opposite, the hero tries and fails. The bittersweet endings involve the hero succeeding, but losing his life in the process or losing something dear to him.

Please leave your answers and thoughts in the comments.

-ZK

1 comments:

Mama Hobbit

Happy endings are always good, but I'm not interested in any stories with a bad ending, why waste my time? Bittersweet endings can be the best of all if done correctly, but they're hard to get right.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP